Immunity Tonic is what we drink when we are feeling under the weather or want to boost our immune systems - or when we want an invigorating, caffeine-free pick me up! It is made from our best-selling tea, Hibiscus Elixir, a botanical powerhouse full of flowers, roots, and leaves that are revered for their ability to make your body strong.
Hibiscus Elixir is known for its delightful red color and unique flavor. The taste is described as a blend of fruity sweetness and bit of tartness - similar to that of cranberry. Our elixir smooths out the flavoring with elderberry, licorice root, rose hips, citrus and ginger. Adding a stir of honey finishes it off sublimely. Never before has something so good for you tasted so delectable.
- Elderberry adds a boost for your immune system and also tastes great.
- Licorice root is good for respiratory health and coats your throat, soothing a cough or irritations due to colds and hay fever.
- Rose hips are a great source of Vitamin C.
- A splash of citrus also adds Vitamin C and enhances the sweet, tangy taste.
- Ginger is known for its antiviral properties and helps your digestive system.
- Lemongrass has properties that help control a fever and relieve pain.
The combination of all these ingredients is what we call our Immunity Tonic - a rejuvenating elixir that restores the body and soul.
immunity tonic recipe
You will need:
2½ tsp (6 g) Hibiscus Elixir
8 oz water
½ oz lemon juice
1 oz honey simple syrup*
½ tsp ginger juice