Never has a cookie personified the holidays like classic ginger cookies. The aroma of cinnamon filling a home and the warm buttery melt-in-your-mouth taste of molasses and ginger make this a favorite. All of our recipes are inspired by our travels, and this is the classic Nordic gingersnap found on every tea and coffee table around the holidays.
They are simple to make and a joy to share with friends and family. Serve them with tea, or box them up with holiday ribbons to give to neighbors and guests. These cookies store well when kept in an airtight container and look festive on a holiday table. They go great with Mulled Wine or Hot Mulled Apple Cider and are just one of the recipes featured in our Holiday Recipe Guide.
Gingersnaps with vanilla glaze recipe
You Will Need:
½ cup molasses
½ cup dark brown sugar
½ cup soft butter
½ cup heavy cream
1 Tbsp fresh or powdered ginger
1 Tbsp cinnamon
3-3.5 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
- Combine all ingredients into a smooth dough.
- Cover and chill for several hours.
- Roll out portions of dough to ¼-inch thick and cut or stamp cookies out in shapes. Hearts, snowflakes and circles are popular choices!
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 8 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy!
VANILLA GLAZE Recipe
YOU WILL NEED:
1 and 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
2 and 1/2 TBSP milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Add powdered sugar to a small bowl. Whisk in vanilla extract and milk until smooth. Set aside.
2. Dip the cooled cookies into the bowl of glaze, allowing the excess glaze to drip off before placing the cookies back on the cooling rack.
3. Allow the glaze to set and harden before storing in an airtight container.
4. Serve and enjoy!
download the recipe card here: