Our Cardamom Matcha Latte is the number one best selling tea at our Nashville Tea Bar because it tastes delicious and truly is an instant and sustained mood booster!!
I have always had a love for cardamom—it reminds me of all the cardamom infused baked goods we ate growing up at our summer cottage in Finland. I always thought that it made me feel good because of the sweet associated memories.
Actually, cardamom has been used traditionally in Asia and the Middle East as an herbal upper for ages. In fact, it has been known to lower blood pressure and heart rate and to reduce inflammation as well.
When combined with our Zen mind-inducing ceremonial matcha and nut milk and sweetened with maple syrup, it is more than a pick me up, it is a whole new perspective!
Cardamom Matcha Latte Recipe
You Will Need:
1 tsp sifted matcha
½ tsp cardamom
1/16 tsp Himalayan pink salt
1 oz hot water
1 oz maple syrup
8 oz milk or alternative milk
1. In a mug or cup add 1 tsp of sifted matcha, 1/2 tsp of cardamom, and 1/16 tsp of Himalayan pink salt and whisk.
2. Add 1 oz of hot water and 1 oz of maple syrup to the dry ingredients and whisk until combined.
3. Heat 8 oz of milk in a saucepan until hot.
4. Use a frothing wand or try one of these easy ways to froth your milk at home for creamy and smooth milk.
5. Pour milk over matcha mixture and enjoy!